Here are some of the more interesting headlines from Brazil from this week:
Police from São Paulo and Minas Gerais exchange fire with each other
- Plainclothes officers from São Paulo were escorting a prisoner.
- Officers from Minas Gerais mistook them for armed bandits.
- From there everything pretty much went to Purgatory.
- On officer dead, two wounded.
The skull of “Luzia”, rescued from the National Museum, is on display again (video)
- A “miracle” that it was found in the ashes of the burned building.
- The oldest skeleton found in the National Museum.
- “We thought she was dead, but she’s alive, and what she needs now is a new house.”
Signs that say “Coming soon, gun store” appear all over Rio
- An apparent reference to the imminent victory of pro-gun presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro.
- Being placed on the windows of closed businesses.
- Apparently a political statement and not associated with any gun store.
In English: What happens when Donald Trump meets Tropical Trump?
- Not sympathetic to either the tropical or non-tropical version…but contains some interesting analysis.
Man sells ex-wife’s clothes, uses himself as model
- We really have nothing to say here…
See back issues of our Weekend Headline Roundup here.